Student evaluation of course and instructor effectiveness is one component of an overall course and instructor assessment process. The course evaluations serve to:
- provide students an opportunity to share feedback on the effectiveness of the course and the instructors who teach in a course;
- provide instructors with feedback regarding student-perceived effectiveness of the course as well as their teaching methodologies and styles;
- provide the School, specifically the Professional Program Curriculum and Assessment Committee and the Graduate Education Committee, with data to consider in course and curricular quality improvement efforts; and,
- provide the School’s leadership, including Division Chairs and the Executive Committee, with information regarding student-reported effectiveness and impact of faculty teaching efforts.
This document presents an overview of the School’s course evaluation
Course Evaluation Instrument
Software: Explorance Blue
The School has contracted with Explorance Blue (https://blueeval.unc.edu/blue/) to use the online course evaluation system, CourseResponse, in gathering student feedback on course and instructor effectiveness. Course directors, instructors, and students can access course evaluations and course evaluation reports by visiting https://blueeval.unc.edu/blue/.
Student Course Evaluation Summary Reports
- 2017-2018 Student Course Evaluations Annual Summary Report
- 2016-2017 Student Course Evaluations Annual Summary Report
- 2015-2016 Student Course Evaluations Annual Summary Report
- 2014-2015 Student Course Evaluations Annual Summary Report
- 2013-2014 Student Course Evaluations Annual Summary Report
- 2012-2013 Student Course Evaluations Annual Summary Report
- 2011-2012 Student Course Evaluations Annual Summary Report
The Office of Strategic Planning and Assessment assumes responsibility, on behalf of the School, for facilitating the course evaluation process for all required and elective course offerings in the School at both the professional and graduate levels.