- July 14, 2023: PharmCAS application opens
- October 2, 2023: Priority deadline PharmCAS applications due
- October 16, 2023: Priority deadline supplemental information due
- February 1, 2024: Final deadline PharmCAS applications due
- February 15, 2024: Final deadline supplemental information due
- September 2023 – April 2024: Interviews scheduled and admissions decisions made
Steps in the Pharm.D. Program Admissions Process for Fall 2023 Entry
The first step in the application process is to complete and submit an online application to PharmCAS. Your PharmCAS application must be submitted by either the priority deadline of October 2, 2023 or the final deadline of February 1, 2024, for the following fall term. Submit your application as soon as possible to ensure earlier review by the Admissions Committee.
You must submit your PharmCAS application and it must be verified before you can receive the supplemental information form.
The PharmCAS application includes the following:
- PharmCAS application fee
- Biographical data
- Post-secondary institutions attended
- Academic course history
- Work experience
- Extracurricular activities
- A personal statement
- Official transcripts from all accredited U.S. institutions attended
- Two letters of recommendation
- PCAT optional
We recommend that you thoroughly review the PharmCAS “Before You Apply” information and have unofficial copies of all post-secondary transcripts available before you begin this process.
Once your PharmCAS application is completed and verified, the data will be forwarded to the UNC Eshelman School of Pharmacy.
For those who are applying by the priority deadline, the supplemental information should be submitted by October 16, 2023. For those who are applying by the final deadline, the supplemental information should be submitted by February 15, 2024.
Submit your information as soon as possible to ensure earlier review by the Admissions Committee.
Please note that you will not receive the link to complete the supplemental form until your PharmCAS application has been verified. Keep in mind that it may take several weeks to verify your PharmCAS application. You will want to plan ahead so you are able to submit both your PharmCAS application and the supplemental information form by the deadlines.
You will be asked to complete residency questions to determine your in-state or out-of-state residency status for tuition purposes. If you are claiming North Carolina residency, you will need to provide dates for domiciliary acts such as voting, registering to vote, serving jury duty, obtaining a North Carolina driver’s license, or filing an individual NC tax return.
We use the Multiple Mini Interview (MMI). The MMI is a series of 7 interview stations consisting of timed (eight-minute) interview scenarios. The MMI will not test prior pharmacy knowledge, but will assess characteristics and attributes the Admissions Committee feel are important for success as a pharmacist.
It is important to review and understand the following policies:
- Criminal History Check Policy
- Technical Standards (Nonacademic Progression Policy)
- Instrument of Judicial Student Governance (which includes the Honor Code)
PharmCAS Application Status: If you wish to see if your application is complete and PharmCAS has forwarded your file to UNC, you can log in to your PharmCAS application and check the status menu option.
Contact our Director of Admissions:
Heather Azzu, M.A.
firstname.lastname@example.org | 919-445-4913