As part of our mission to serve the healthcare needs of people all across North Carolina, we are proud to offer our doctor of pharmacy degree program in Chapel Hill as well as Asheville.
How are our campuses alike?
- Study at both campuses leads to the same PharmD degree from UNC-Chapel Hill.
- Close proximity to other health sciences schools on both campuses spurs opportunities for interprofessional collaborations that enrich our students’ experience.
- Innovative videoconferencing technology is used at both campuses to deliver real-time, interactive classroom instruction from faculty in Asheville and Chapel Hill.
- Access to dedicated, world-class faculty to support students’ unique educational needs and experiences.
- Eshelman Institute for Innovation provides a mechanism for faculty, staff and students to seek funding for bold ideas and also provides opportunities to educate and train students and postdoctoral fellows; foster collaboration, creativity and innovation; and stimulate commercialization of intellectual property and entrepreneurial development.
- Both campuses have active and vibrant student organizations such as the Carolina Association of Pharmacy Students and Student Senate
- Asheville and Chapel Hill students have access to unique academic programs such as Research and Scholarship in Pharmacy (RASP), our dual-degree program for Pharm.D./M.B.A and Pharm.D./M.P.H., as well as the Global Pharmacy Scholars Program.
- Students remain at their home campus for the first three years of the PharmD program and then spend the fourth year at numerous practice sites across the state designed to translate knowledge acquired in the classroom into clinical practice.
Chapel Hill Campus
- Expanded opportunities for bench/lab based research.
- The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill is a major research university and home to a robust health sciences campus that features a leading teaching hospital and a national comprehensive cancer center. Schools of medicine, nursing, dentistry, public health and social work offer students ample opportunities to tackle challenges in research and patient care through a collaborative approach involving experts and practitioners from multiple disciplines.
- Close proximity to Research Triangle Park, the largest research park in North America and home to School partners like GlaxoSmithKline.
- Located a short drive from neighboring Raleigh, the second largest city in the state.
- Named one of the best places to live in the United States, Chapel Hill offers a rich blend of culture, entertainment, recreation, and fine dining, not to mention some of the best college basketball action in the country.
- Offers smaller class sizes and family feel.
- UNC Health Sciences at MAHEC offers a unique interdisciplinary collaboration with the University of North Carolina, Western Carolina University, and regional community partners. The program encourages learners to train with rural professionals, develop a deep appreciation for rural values, and contribute to improving the quality of life and health in communities across Western North Carolina.
- Rural Pharmacy Health Certificate is a focused program of study that prepares student pharmacists for collaborative, interprofessional practices that serve the health care needs of North Carolinians living in rural and small communities.
- Located in the Blue Ridge Mountains, the campus offers students access to the vibrant arts, music and restaurant scene of downtown Asheville, as well as to mountain biking, trail hiking, waterfalls and skiing at one of the area’s many ski resorts.
Learn more about living in Asheville, North Carolina, here.
Asheville Campus Guide
Download our Asheville Campus Guide to learn more about earning your UNC Eshelman PharmD degree in Asheville, N.C.