- This event has passed.
CE: Hitting the Target: Precision Medicine in Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer Webinar
September 30, 2022 @ 2:00 pm - 3:00 pm
The presentation will use non-small cell lung cancer as an example disease state to survey the field of precision medicine. It will explore how individual tumor properties are identified and how the pharmacology of targeted therapies address these characteristics. It will teach pharmacists how to verify the correct medications are being used for a targeted therapy by interpreting test results and comparing them with recommendations from commonly used tertirary resources.
This program will be led by Daniel Tobben, PharmD
- Define precision medicine
- Describe place of therapy for precision medicine in Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer (NSCLC)
- Relate pathophysiology of common mutations to oncogenesis
- Relate mutations to commonly used nomenclature in precision medicine
- Describe process of testing for molecular targets for individualized precision medicine
- Outline the use of common tertiary resources used in precision medicine to assess appropriateness of therapy for a given mutation
- List multiple common targets in NSCLC
- Discuss a historical overview and new targeted therapies and their efficacy in NSCLC
This program will be held on September 30 from 2:00 – 3:00 p.m. There is a $10.00 fee to attend.
Contact Austin Companion (email@example.com) to register.