Featured Featured News News Sidebar Featured News Students,
Mariava Phillips
March 4, 2024

Students in the Class of 2025 received their white coats on March 2, marking their transition from the classroom to the pharmacy profession. The UNC Eshelman School of Pharmacy is unique in that Pharm.D. students don’t receive their white coat until the end of their third year, whereas most pharmacy schools hand out white coats in the first year. The white coat ceremony is a significant milestone for pharmacy students, and a chance for everyone to celebrate how far they’ve come. Here are thoughts on what the white coat symbolizes from student leaders: 

Haseeb Ahmed

“To me, receiving my white coat is a sign that I have been prepared to make a difference in my patient’s life. It shows that I am one step closer to being integral to a team of healthcare professionals to make an impact on people’s lives,” said Haseeb Ahmed, class of 2025 vice president. 

Hannah Bruschi

“As a rising fourth year, receiving my white coat is so much more than a ceremony representing the transition from the classroom to the professional setting. Receiving my white coat validates all the perseverance it took to get through the challenging journey that got me here,” said Hannah Bruschi, class of 2025 secretary and treasurer. 

Christian Palumbo

“When I graduate in the spring of 2025, I will be a fourth-generation pharmacist. To me, receiving my white coat is a symbol of all the work and time that I have spent to get where I am today. This represents a major step towards achieving my goal of following in my family’s footsteps and becoming a practicing pharmacist. I am excited to get to share this experience with those I love,” said Christian Palumbo, student senate vice president. 

Hannah Summers

“To me, receiving my white coat means everything I have accomplished in the last three years means something to be proud of and thankful for. To receive an education at the No.1 school of pharmacy means I am incredibly prepared to take the next step of my pharmacy learning and make a real difference in my fourth-year rotations and beyond. I am so excited to make meaningful, lasting relationships with patients and give back to the community that has continuously supported me,” said Hannah Summers, class of 2025 president. 

Yuki Yang

“Receiving my white coat symbolizes the embodiment of perseverance and dedication. It serves as a reminder of the obstacles overcome on this journey, and wearing it fills me with pride as I embark on the next chapter of my student pharmacy career,” said Yuki Yang, student senate president. 

Congratulations to the class of 2025!  

Latest News