Featured News MS in Health-System Pharmacy News Sidebar Featured News Uncategorized,
Brittany Jennings
October 27, 2021

Rebekah Matthews, Pharm.D.

At the UNC Eshelman School of Pharmacy, our online and residential degree programs prepare future health care leaders to manage highly complex and multi-faceted pharmacy enterprise operations. Here, we chat with Rebekah Matthews, Pharm.D., a current student in the School’s online master’s program (Class of ’22).

Q: Rebekah, what is your current role?
A: Senior Regional Director of Acute Care Pharmacy for Cone Health in Greensboro, N.C.

Q: What made you want to apply to the UNC Eshelman School of Pharmacy master’s program?
A: I had been considering a master’s degree for some time but was concerned about balancing work, school and family life. I had recently completed the ASHP Leadership Academy and was encouraged to pursue a formal degree. This online program appealed to me because it was pharmacy-focused, giving me an opportunity to layer projects for work and school. I explored several other online programs and ultimately decided on this program given the strong, long-standing reputation of the UNC Eshelman School of Pharmacy.

Q: What is your favorite part of the program?
A: My favorite part of the program is the networking opportunity. Our class is made up of a variety of pharmacist experiences and practice settings. I enjoy the open discussion during class time and have learned from each of my classmates.

Q: How do you think this degree will advance your career?
A: I think my master’s degree will open additional leadership opportunities within pharmacy and outside pharmacy.

Want to learn more about the UNC Eshelman School of Pharmacy’s online and residential master’s programs? Visit our website at pharmacy.unc.edu/education/ms.

Latest News