Center for Integrative Chemical Biology and Drug Discovery
The Center will be an innovative and sustainable scientific force in the creation of chemical probes, drug candidates, assay technologies, and computational approaches to advance understanding of biological mechanisms and place UNC at the forefront of translational medicine.
What We Do
The Center’s research explores small molecule probes, drug leads, and target validation via proposals from UNC faculty and Center-initiated projects in chromatin chemical biology.
The goals of the Center are to:
- Enable interrogation of biology with small molecules resulting in novel insights into human disease with a focus on oncology
- Create the leading research program in chemical biology of chromatin regulation
- Provide student and faculty training and enrichment in the areas of expertise within the Center
- Create intellectual property to support translational drug discovery
- Establish collaborations and funding base such that the Center is sustainable
The Promise of Academic Drug Discovery