Events for Prospective Students
The UNC Eshelman School of Pharmacy offers a variety of opportunities throughout the year for prospective students to learn about pharmacy careers and preparing for pharmacy school.
Our open houses help you learn more about pharmacy as a career and how to be more competitive in the admissions process. Each session will last approximately ninety minutes, with a forty-five-minute presentation followed by a forty-five-minute question-and-answer period. You will
- learn about the outstanding career opportunities in the pharmacy profession, ranging from innovative practice settings to cutting-edge research laboratories;
- get information on the professional and educational requirements for success;
- learn about our admissions process and suggestions on preparing a comprehensive application; and
- hear perspectives from our dynamic faculty and students.
Asheville, March 16, 5:30pm
Chapel Hill, April 6, 5:30pm
On select Friday afternoons, we host Pharmacy Friday at our Chapel Hill and Asheville campuses. Pharmacy Friday offers an opportunity for prospective students to tour the School, learn about our programs, the admissions process, and interact with current students.
March 27, 2:00 p.m.
April 10, 2:00 p.m.
May 29, 2:00 p.m.
***If you plan to attend a Pharmacy Friday in Asheville, please contact Laura Bratsch at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Carolina Pharmacy Leadership, Excellence, and Development program is a one-day preparatory and professional development program for prospective students who are interested in exploring a career in pharmacy and learning how to be competitive in the pharmacy-school admissions process.
2015 LEAD program dates:
- February 28, 2015: Chapel Hill Campus (for incoming college freshmen through college graduates) *** Postponed. This session is now March 14, 2015
- March 7, 2015: Chapel Hill Campus (for high school students)
- March 21, 2015: Asheville Campus (for high school through college graduates)
Want a representative from the School to come speak at your career event? Contact Aaron Todd at email@example.com.