Partnership in Patient Care
The Partnership in Patient Care, launched in 2010, combines the resources of the School and the UNC Hospitals pharmacy department to increase pharmacy services available to patients at UNC Hospitals through enhanced engagement of students and residents, the quality and quantity of experiential education that the UNC Eshelman School of Pharmacy students receive, and the breadth and depth of point-of-care research being conducted. The pharmacists at UNC have become well-integrated into the School’s teaching and point-of-care research mission.
Partnership outcomes to date have included:
- An increase in the number of pharmacists in pharmacotherapy intensive ambulatory care
- Enabling the provision of comprehensive acute care pharmacy clinical services to all areas of UNC Hospitals.
- An increase in the number of pharmacy students completing their immersion experiences at UNC and the number of student months of precepted practice experiences. This is accomplished through implementation of the layered learning practice model.
- An increase in the number of co-published papers between both organizations.
- A palpable and true sense of collaboration between the School and the Hospital.