In 2011, Adam Wolfe received his Doctor of Pharmacy from the University of Utah Skaggs College of Pharmacy in Salt Lake City, Utah. He also received his Master of Science in pharmaceutical sciences from the UNC Eshelman School of Pharmacy in 2013. In 2013, he also completed a 2-year health-system pharmacy administration residency at UNC Hospitals and Clinics. He became a BPS Board Certified Pharmacotherapy specialist in 2012. Upon graduating residency, he took a new position in controlled substances and data analytics which he grew into a pharmacy business intelligence and data analytics team before accepting another position where he is currently employed.
Wolfe is the pharmacy services manager at CHESS, a health enablement company. CHESS enables physician groups, health systems, and ACO clients through the provision of value-based contracting, care transformation, and population health analytics. CHESS is located in High Point, North Carolina and provides medication management services to clients throughout North Carolina including Cornerstone Health Care, Catawba Valley Regional Medical Group, Appalachian Regional Medical Associates, Park Ridge Health, and Wake Forest Baptist Health. Wolfe supports a team of population health pharmacists across clinical and informatics needs.
- Data management
- Pharmacy management practitioners
- Accountable care organizations
- Population health
- Value-based care
Selected Poster Presentations
- ASHP Summer Meeting (2013). Wolfe A, Hansen K, Forshay E, Eckel S. Evaluation of internal communication within a large academic medical center department of pharmacy. Poster Presentation at ASHP summer meeting in Baltimore, Maryland in June 2013.
- UNC Practice Advancement and Clinical Education Alumni Conference (2013). Wolfe A, Hansen K, Forshay E, Eckel S. Evaluation of internal communication within a large academic medical center department of pharmacy. Poster Presentation at Research Poster Session in May 2013.
Selected Invited Presentations
- ASHP Midyear Clinical Meeting Management Pearls (2014). Diving From the Analytics Platform. Brief Podium Presentation at ASHP Midyear Clinical Meeting in Anaheim, California to audience of approximately 200 attendees on December 9th 2014.
- UHC Webinar (2014). Drug Diversion Intelligence October 2014. Webinar Presentation with other controlled substance colleagues to an internet audience of approximately 150 in October 2014.
- American Society of Health-System Pharmacy Summer Meeting (2013). Using a Time Motion Study to Demonstrate the Value of an Automation Interface. ASHP Conference Presentation in Baltimore, Maryland, in June 2013.
- CHESS Move to Value Summit (2016). Five Things Every Decision Maker Should Know About Medication Management. Conference presentation at CHESS Move to Value Summit in Winston Salem, North Carolina on August 22nd 2016.
- Durham Orange County Pharmacist Association (2014). How Mobile Technology is Disrupting the Medication Use Process. ACPE Accredited CE Presentation at NC Board of Pharmacy in Chapel Hill, North Carolina in March 2014.
- University of North Carolina School of Pharmacy Alumni (2013). How Mobile Technology is Disrupting the Medication Use Process. ACPE Accredited CE Presentation to UNC pharmacy school alumni at La Residence, Chapel Hill, North Carolina in October 2013.
- Wolfe AS, Hess E, Moore RM, Pappas A, Granko RP, Daniels RD (2015). Strategy For Pharmacy Data Management. Accepted for publication January 2016.
- Wolfe AS, Farrington R (2015). Taking your EMR to the Max: The Electronic Medication Record Adoption Model (EMRAM) and the Health System Pharmacist. Submitted for publication November 2015.
- Newsome AS, Sultan S, Murray B, Jones SW, Pappas A, Schmidt K, Filteau G, Laux JP, Wolfe AS, Cairns BA (2015). Effect of Inhaled Iloprost on Gas Exchange in Inhalation Injury. Submitted for publication September 2015.
- Granko RP, Wolfe AS, Park H, Amerine LB, Savage SS (2015). Application and three-year historical review and application of the allocation of clinical pharmacist resources. Submitted for publication July 2015.
- Aguero D, Cooley T, De la Torre C, Ferer DS, Nickman N, Ordway B, Tjhio D, Urbanski C, Volpe G, Wolfe AS (2015). Automating the Pharmacy Enterprise. Accepted for publication July 2015.
- Griggs DA, Hansen KN, Marr TD, South DA, Wolfe AS, Pappas A (2015). Pharmacoeconomic Evaluation of Immunologic Therapy Use. Pharmacy Products and Purchasing. Published May 2015.
- Wolfe AS, Musunuri S, O’Neil D, Hatfield C (2015). The Value of a Controlled Substances Coordinator. Pharmacy Products and Purchasing. Published January 2015.
- Granko RP, Wolfe AS, Morton C, et.al. (2015). Assessing the personal performance and professional self-development potential of a Pharmacy Management Practitioner. Am J Health Syst Pharm. Published January 2015.
- Wolfe AS and Moore R (2013). mPharm: The Pharmacist as a Health Information Solution Provider. Pharmacy Times. Published December 2013.
- PharmD from University of Utah
- Master in Health System Pharmacy Administration from UNC
- PGY1 Acute Care at UNC
- PGY2 Administration at UNC