Matthew S. Dixon
Matt Dixon’s research interests focus on the comparative effectiveness of chemotherapy and biologic agents in colorectal cancer through the application of pharmacoepidemiologic methods.
Recent Papers and Presentations:
• Dixon MS, Cole AL, Dusetzina SB. Out-of-Pocket Spending Under the Affordable Care Act for Patients With Cancer. Cancer J. 2017;23(3):175-180.
• Oramasionwu CU, Cole AL, Dixon MS, et al. Estimated Cost of Injectable Medication Waste Attributable to Syringe Dead Space. JAMA Intern Med. 2016;
• Dixon MS. Characterizing Nonprescription Syringe Sales Practices in Community Pharmacies in the United States. Oral Presentation at: The American Pharmacists Association Annual Meeting; March 4, 2016; Baltimore, MD.
Awards and Fellowships
• 2017-2018 Postdoctoral Research Fellow, Cancer Care Quality Training Program (NCI R25)
• 2015-2016 University of North Carolina Mescal Ferguson Fellow
Year Admitted: 2015
Adviser: Stacie Dusetzina