Peter Koval received his Doctor of Pharmacy from Campbell University in May 1994. Following graduation, he completed a pharmacy practice residency at Cone Health System in Greensboro, North Carolina, then completed a second year of primary care residency in St. Louis, Missouri. He returned to Greensboro in 1996.
Koval’s current title is associate professor of clinical education at the UNC Eshelman School of Pharmacy at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. His clinical pharmacy position is in collaboration with the Greensboro Area Health Education Center and the Cone Health Family Medicine Center. His practice includes a variety of chronic disease management including tobacco cessation.
Koval has held board certification in pharmacotherapy since 1998 and has been a clinical pharmacist practitioner since 2006.
- 7/95 – 8/96 Resident, Specialty Residency in Family Medicine/Primary Care
Division of Pharmacy Practice, St. Louis College of Pharmacy
Department of Family Medicine, St. John’s Mercy Medical Center
St. Louis, Missouri
- 7/94 – 6/95 Resident, ASHP-Accredited Pharmacy Practice Residency
The Moses H. Cone Memorial Hospital Pharmacy Services
Greensboro, North Carolina
- 8/90 – 5/94 Doctor of Pharmacy – Summa Cum Laude
Campbell University School of Pharmacy
Buies Creek, North Carolina
- 8/86 – 5/90 Bachelor of Science in Biology – Magna Cum Laude
- Board Certified Pharmacotherapy Specialist
- Clinical Pharmacist Practitioner