After receiving her Pharm.D. from the University of Illinois at Chicago, Heidi Anksorus completed a PGY-1 pharmacy practice residency at St. Joseph Regional Medical Center in South Bend, Indiana. Upon completion of the residency, she was offered a position with St. Joseph, where she continued developing as a new practitioner while working in various areas of the medical center’s inpatient and clinical pharmacy services, as well as working in the community pharmacy practice setting. She also worked at UNC Hospitals in the Inpatient Rehabilitation Center practice setting.
Her teaching and clinical experiences there made it possible for her to make the transition to her current role as a clinical assistant professor working in the Pharmaceutical Care Labs in the Division of Practice Advancement and Clinical Education. Anksorus currently practices at the UNC Hospitals Drug Information Center. She is a board certified pharmacotherapy specialist.
- National Association of Clinical Nurse Specialists, “Celiac Disease and The Role of Gluten in Medications and Pharmaceutical Products”
- Pharmacy Practice Resident, Saint Joseph Regional Medical Center
- Pharm.D., University of Illinois at Chicago
- B.S. in Biology, Olivet Nazarene University
- Board Certified Pharmacotherapy Specialist
- Certified Asthma Educator (AE-C)
- Indiana Pharmacy Teaching Certificate (IPTeC) through Purdue and Butler Universities
- ACCP Academy Teaching and Learning Certificate