The UNC Eshelman School of Pharmacy held its annual Awards Ceremony on Saturday, April 27, at the Rizzo Center
The Pharmacy Network Foundation, Inc. received the School’s Distinguished Service Award. Foundation board members Andy Barrett, Jimmy Jackson, Julian Upchurch, Mickey Watts and Gray Hutchison, Jr. were on hand to accept the award. This award is given to an exceptional supporter of the School’s service and outreach initiatives whose accomplishments and contributions have enhanced the School and the profession of pharmacy at the local, state, national or international level.
Elizabeth Ann Dellinger was the winner of the Samuel Burrus Award for Community Service. This award is presented to a student currently enrolled in the School who exhibits outstanding and unselfish civic, community or church volunteer service provided outside the scope of regular pharmacy practice.
Associate Professor Dennis Williams, Pharm.D., was selected as the School’s overall instructor of the year.
Academic and Professional Awards
- Office of Professional Education Academic Excellence Award — Kathryn Campbell
- T.R. Burgiss Family Award — Ashley Nicole Moody
- Jamie Gasaway Kilar Patient Care Award — Stephanie Jiachi Jean
- TEVA Pharmaceuticals Outstanding Student Award — Eric Shen
- Ralph Rogers Sr. Award — Keith M. Yon
- Ballenger-Smith Award for Excellence in the Pharmaceutical Care Laboratory — Erin Catherine Brannick
- F.O. Bowman Award — Michael Andrew Wells
- DPET award — Marcus Colker Kaplan
- Professor Leaf Huang Pharmaceutics Achievement Award — Leah B. Herity
- Jacobs Award in Medicinal Chemistry — Yekaterina E. Mutilin
- John T. and Rebecca B. Henley Award in Pharmaceutical Outcomes and Policy — Michael Taylor Bitonti
- John C. Hood Sr. Award in Practice Advancement and Clinical Education — Kristen G. Aloi
Activities and Service Awards
- Office of Student Affairs Impact Award — Kaitlyn Marie Buhlinger
- Boka Hadzija Award — Shelby Layne Hudson
- Asheville Student Award for Excellence — Jonathan Kelly Crissman
- USPHS Excellence in Public Health Pharmacy Award — Stephen William Canady
- George H. Cocolas Award — Jennifer Ku
- Dorothy Virginia Stroud Memorial Scholarship Award — Chelsea Sumner
- PLS Award — Stephanie Anne Salch
- KE Award — Ina Liu
- Kristen Carol Burke Memorial Award — Alice Jiang
- PY1 Instructor of the Year Award — Carol Otey, M.D.
- PY2 Instructor of the Year Award — Bob Dupuis, Pharm.D.
- PY3 Instructor of the Year Award — Jay Campbell, J.D.
- Overall Instructor of the Year Award — Dennis Williams, Pharm.D.
Experiential Education Awards
- Experiential Faculty Instructor of the Year Award — Suzanne Harris, Pharm.D.
- Claude Paoloni Preceptor of the Year Award —
- Mickey League, M.S., (community preceptor)
- Brian Murray, Pharm.D., (health-system preceptor)
Special Recognition Awards
- The Samuel Burrus Award for Community Service (student recipient) — Elizabeth Ann Dellinger
- The UNC Eshelman School of Pharmacy Distinguished Service Award — Pharmacy Network Foundation, Inc. (Andy Barrett, Jimmy Jackson, Julian Upchurch, Mickey Watts)