- This event has passed.
UNCLCN Webinar – Dos, Don’ts, and the Basics of Providing Care to Patients Experiencing Intimate Partner Violence
April 12 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
Join the UNC Lineberger Cancer Network for “Dos, Don’ts, and the Basics of Providing Care to Patients Experiencing Intimate Partner Violence” an online webinar led by Joe Polich, MSW, LCSW-A, JD, a social worker at UNC Health.
By the end of the webinar, participants will:
- Describe basic concepts of interpersonal violence, and improve our ability to distinguish between IPV and a relationship experiencing conflict.
- Discuss how IPV may affect cancer patients specifically, particularly in those situations that involve caretaking and financial dependency.
- Identify common resources and ways of supporting cancer patients who are experiencing IPV
- Identify “red flags” that IPV might be affecting cancer patients
- Improve the way in which we offer resources and support to our cancer patients who are experiencing IPV
This webinar will be held April 12 from 12:00 – 1:00 p.m. This webinar offers This webinar offers FREE NCPD/CNE, ACPE, and ASRT continuing education credits.
These courses are intended for medical, radiation, and surgical oncologists, hematologists, advanced practice nurses, registered nurses, physician assistants, radiologic technologists, researchers, pharmacists, trainees, allied health personnel, and others who are interested in care for patients and survivors in North Carolina.
Click here to register.