- This event has passed.
NIH / NCATS Assay Guidance Workshop
October 23, 2017 @ 8:00 am - 6:30 pm
Sponsored by UNC Catalyst for Rare Diseases and Promega
This full-day workshop will cover a broad range of critical concepts underlying assay development for high-throughput screening (HTS) and lead discovery projects.
1. Overview of the Assay Guidance Manual eBook as an important resource for detailed information about robust assay methods and best practices in quantitative biology.
2. Practical approaches for developing robust assays for biochemical, cell-based, and high content screening, as well as the selection and development of optimal assay reagents.
3. Overview on sources of assay artifacts and strategies to identify and mitigate artifacts through method selection and the implementation of counter assays.
4. Discussion of important statistical and data analysis concepts with an emphasis on using these concepts to collect the best possible data and make go/no go decisions based on experimental results.
5. Open discussions to share experiences and seek practical advice about individual research concerns.
To register for the NIH/NCATS Assay Guidance Workshop, please visit: