Division Fast Facts
- MOPH offers a strong pharmaceutics program with emphasis in drug-delivery science and technology. We also offer the PhD in pharmaceutical sciences with an emphasis on pharmacoengineering, an emerging discipline that integrates engineering methods with pharmaceutical sciences.
- The division features a distinguished faculty that includes Alexander “Sasha” Kabanov, PhD, who joined the School in 2012 to lead the Center for Nanotechnology in Drug Delivery.
- MOPH’s external research support exceeds $8.5M annually, mostly from the National Institutes of Health, but also from NSF, DoD, private foundations and the pharma/biotech industry.
- There are currently 28 graduate students and 12 postdoctoral fellows in the program.
- MOPH faculty have successfully spin off seven biotech companies in recent years.
- The division added 24,500 square feet of research space in 2008.