Andrew Wang, M.D.
Dept Of Radiation Oncology, UNC Hospital, CB# 7512, Chapel Hill, NC, 27599
The central theme of Andrew Wang’s research program is to apply advances from other fields such as chemical engineering, materials science, biomedical engineering and nanotechnology, to the field of oncology.
Research Aims Include:
- Nanoparticle-based radiosensitizers
- Nanoparticle chemosensitizers
- Nanoparticle formulation of “fiorgotten” drugs
- Biomatrix scaffolds for the ex vivo culturing of primary tumor cells
- Combining particle drug delivery with prostate brachytherapy
- Clinical investigation on nanoparticle formulation of docetaxel