Susan Morris-Natschke, Ph.D.
Professor, Division of Chemical Biology and Medicinal Chemistry
312 Beard Hall, Eshelman School Of Pharmacy, CB# 7568, Chapel Hill, NC, 27599-7568
Susan Morris-Natschke, PhD, writes and edits all forms of publications including peer-reviewed journal articles, book chapters and reviews, grant proposals to government, industry and private foundations, as well as patent applications. She also interacts directly with outside collaborators, including scientific, administrative and legal representatives to coordinate and clarify research, grant and patent issues. As a medicinal chemistry instructor in graduate and professional-level courses, she has lectured on β-lactam antibiotics, natural products chemistry (steroids, alkaloids), alternative medicine and herbal drugs, proposal writing and phospholipids, among other topics.
- Ph.D. Organic Chemistry August 1982; University of North Carolina-Chapel Hill
- Adviser: Dr. Ernest L. Eliel
- Dissertation: Stereoselective Reactions of 2-Acyl-1,3-oxathianes
- with Grignard and Other Organometallic Reagents
- B.S. Chemistry May 1975; University of Maryland-College Park