Mackenzie Leigh Cottrell, Pharm.D.
Mackenzie Cottrell, Pharm.D., M.S. is an assistant professor in the Division of Pharmacotherapy and Experimental Therapeutics. Her research focuses on describing pharmacokinetic/pharmacodynamic relationships in mucosal tissues for antiretrovirals being used in HIV prevention and cure interventions.
- 2015- Assistant Professor, UNC Eshelman School of Pharmacy, Division of Pharmacotherapy and Experimental Therapeutics
- 2015- Assistant Director of the UNC Center for AIDS Research Clinical Pharmacology and Analytical Chemistry Core
- 2014: American Academy of HIV Medicine-HIV Pharmacist™
- 2013: Board Certified Pharmacotherapy Specialist
- 2012: North Carolina State Board of Pharmacy License
- 2011: Oklahoma State Board of Pharmacy License
- Cottrell ML, Prince HMA, Allmon A, Mollan KR, Hudgens MG, Sykes C, White N, Malone S, Dellon ES, Madanick RD, Shaheen NJ, Patterson KB, Kashuba ADM. Cervicovaginal and Rectal Fluid as a Surrogate Marker of Antiretroviral Tissue Concentration: Implications for Clinical Trial Design. Journal of Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome. [In press].
- Cottrell ML, Prince HMA, Sykes C, White N, Malone S, Dellon ES, Madanick RD, Shaheen NJ, Hudgens MG, Wulff J, Patterson KB, Nelson JAE, Kashuba ADM. A Translational Pharmacology Approach to Predicting HIV Pre-Exposure Prophylaxis Outcomes in Men and Women Using Tenofovir Disoproxil Fumarate ± Emtricitabine. Journal of Infectious Diseases. [Epub Ahead of print]. PMID: 26917574.
- Dumond JB, Francis O, Cottrell M, Trezza C, Prince HM, Mollan K, Sykes C, Torrice C, White N, Malone S, Wang R, Van Dam C, Patterson KB, Hudgens MG, Sharpless NE, Forrest A. Tenofovir/emtricitabine metabolites and endogenous nucleotide exposures are associated with p16INK4a expression in subjects on combination therapy. Antiviral Therapy. 2016 [Epub ahead of print]. PMID: 26731175.
- Cottrell ML, Patterson KB, Prince HMA, Jones A, White N, Wang R, Kashuba ADM. Effect of HIV Infection and Menopause Status on Raltegravir Pharmacokinetics in the Blood and Genital Tract. Antiviral Therapy. 2015 Jun 3 [Epub ahead of print]. PMID: 26040011.
- Cottrell ML, Srinivas N, Kashuba ADM. Pharmacokinetics of Antiretrovirals in Mucosal Tissue. Expert Opinion on Drug Metabolism and Toxicology. 2015 Jun;11(6):893-905. PMID: 25797064.
- Cottrell ML and Kashuba AD. Topical Microbicides and HIV Prevention in the Female Genital Tract. Journal of Clinical Pharmacology. 2014 Jun;54(6):603-15. PMID: 24664786.
- Cottrell ML, Hadzik T, Kashuba ADM. Clinical Pharmacokinetic, Pharmacodynamic and Drug-Interaction Profile of the Integrase Inhibitor Dolutegravir. Clinical Pharmacokinetics. 2013 Nov;52(11):981-94. PMID: 23824675.
- 2013 – 2015: T32 Clinical Pharmacology Postdoctoral Fellowship, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- 2012 – 2014: HIV Pharmacology Academic Fellowship, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- 2011 – 2012: Pharmacy Practice Residency, OU Medical Center
- 2007 – 2011: Doctor of Pharmacy, University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center
- 2007 – 2011: Master of Science, Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center
- 2002 –2007: Bachelor of Science, Nutritional Sciences, Oklahoma State University