Jo Ellen Rodgers, Pharm.D.
Director, Postdoctoral Programs
Vice Chair of Professional Education and Practice, Division of Pharmacotherapy and Experimental Therapeutics
3215 Kerr Hall, , CB# 7569, Chapel Hill, NC, 27599
Jo Ellen Rodgers, Pharm.D., obtained a bachelor of science in pharmacy and a doctor of pharmacy at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. She then completed a pharmacy practice and critical care specialty residency at the Medical College of Virginia, followed by a fellowship in cardiovascular pharmacotherapy at UNC. Rodgers is currently a clinical professor in the Division of Pharmacotherapy and Experimental Therapeutics, where she serves as Vice Chair of Professional Education and Practice.
Rodgers maintains an active clinical practice in the outpatient Cardio-Oncology Clinic with UNC Health Care and her primary research interests are in the care of heart failure and cardio-oncology patients. Rodgers maintains board certification in both pharmacotherapy and cardiology, and she is a member of the International Cardio-Oncology Society Pharmacy Workgroup, the American Heart Association Clinical Pharmacology Subcommittee, and the Heart Failure Society of American Cardio-Oncology Committee. She is also a fellow of the American College of Clinical Pharmacy, the Heart Failure Society of America, and the American Heart Association. She was recognized as a distinguished practitioner and fellow of the National Academies of Practice in 2012. The Kappa Epsilon Pharmacy Fraternity has recognized her with the Outstanding Advisor Award, Career Achievement Award, and Alumnae Service Award. In 2017, Rodgers received the American College of Clinical Pharmacy Clinical Practice Award. She has been recognized by the UNC Eshelman School of Pharmacy for Academic Excellence in both Teaching and Research.
Dr. Rodgers is active in investigator-initiated studies funded by a variety of sources including the National Institutes of Health as well as industry-sponsored research.
- Board Certified Pharmacotherapy Specialist (1998-present)
- Board Certified Cardiology Specialist (2018-present)
- Fellow of the American College of Clinical Pharmacy (2009-present)
- Fellow of the American Heart Association (2016-present)
- Fellow of the Heart Failure Society of America (2016-present)
- Fellow of the National Academies of Practice (2012-2019)
- Bachelor of Pharmacy, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- Doctor of Pharmacy, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- Pharmacy practice residency, Medical College of Virginia
- Critical care specialty residency, Medical College of Virginia
- Fellowship in cardiovascular pharmacotherapy, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
Jo Ellen Rodgers News