Jo Ellen Rodgers, Pharm.D.
Vice Department Chair, Division of Pharmacotherapy and Experimental Therapeutics
Associate Director, Clinical Research Fellowship Programs
3201 Kerr Hall, , CB# 7569, Chapel Hill, NC, 27599
Jo Ellen Rodgers, Pharm.D., obtained a bachelor of science in pharmacy and a doctor of pharmacy at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. She then completed a pharmacy practice and critical care specialty residency at the Medical College of Virginia, followed by a fellowship in cardiovascular pharmacotherapy at UNC. Rodgers is currently a clinical professor in the Division of Pharmacotherapy and Experimental Therapeutics, where she serves as associate director of clinical fellowship programs.
Rodgers is a fellow of the American College of Clinical Pharmacy, the Heart Failure Society of America, and the American Heart Association. She was recognized as a distinguished practitioner and fellow of the National Academies of Practice in 2012. The Kappa Epsilon Pharmacy Fraternity has recognized her with the Outstanding Advisor Award, Career Achievement Award, and Alumnae Service Award. In 2017, Rodgers received the American College of Clinical Pharmacy Clinical Practice Award. She has been recognized by the UNC Eshelman School of Pharmacy for Academic Excellence in both Teaching Award and Research and was selected as Instructor of the Year by the Second Year Pharmacy Class in 2018.
Rodgers maintains an active clinical practice in the outpatient Cardio-Oncology Clinic with UNC Health Care and her primary research interests are in the care of heart failure and cardio-oncology patients. Rodgers maintains board certification in both pharmacotherapy and cardiology, and she is a member of the American Heart Association Cardio-oncology Science Subcommittee and the Clinical Pharmacology Subcommittee of the Council on Clinical Cardiology and the American College of Cardiology Cardiovascular Team Section Pharmacists Committee.
- Board Certified Pharmacotherapy Specialist (1998-present)
- Board Certified Cardiology Specialist (2018-present)
- Fellow of the American College of Clinical Pharmacy (2009-present)
- Fellow of the American Heart Association (2016-present)
- Fellow of the Heart Failure Society of America (2016-present)
- Fellow of the National Academies of Practice (2012-2019)
- Bachelor of Pharmacy, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- Doctor of Pharmacy, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- Pharmacy practice residency, Medical College of Virginia
- Critical care specialty residency, Medical College of Virginia
- Fellowship in cardiovascular pharmacotherapy, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill