Heidi Noel Anksorus, Pharm.D.
203 A Beard Hall, , CB# 7574, Chapel Hill, NC, 27599
After receiving her Pharm.D. from the University of Illinois at Chicago, Heidi Anksorus completed a PGY-1 pharmacy practice residency at St. Joseph Regional Medical Center in South Bend, Indiana. After residency, she was offered a position with St. Joseph’s, working in various areas of the Medical Center’s inpatient and clinical pharmacy services, as well as working in the community pharmacy practice setting. After arriving at UNC she worked at UNC Hospitals in the Inpatient Rehabilitation Center and Drug Information Center.
Her teaching and clinical experiences have made it possible for her to make the transition to her current role as a clinical assistant professor working in the Pharmaceutical Care Labs in the Division of Practice Advancement and Clinical Education, in addition to the Pharmacotherapy course stream as well as Patient Care Experience courses. She is active in the School’s Interprofessional and Wellbeing initiatives and is a Certified Mental Health First Aid Instructor. Anksorus currently practices at the UNC Adams School of Dentistry. She is a board-certified pharmacotherapy specialist.
- National Association of Clinical Nurse Specialists, “Celiac Disease and The Role of Gluten in Medications and Pharmaceutical Products”
- Pharmacy Practice Resident, Saint Joseph Regional Medical Center
- Pharm.D., University of Illinois at Chicago
- B.S. in Biology, Olivet Nazarene University
- Board Certified Pharmacotherapy Specialist
- Mental Health First Aid Instructor
- ACCP Academy Teaching and Learning Certificate
- Indiana Pharmacy Teaching Certificate (IPTeC) through Purdue and Butler Universities
Heidi Anksorus News