Eric M. Bachelder, Ph.D.
Associate Professor, Division of Pharmacoengineering and Molecular Pharmaceutics
(919) 962-4857, Office Phone
4210 Marsico Hall, 125 Mason Farm Road, CB# 7362, Chapel Hill, NC, 27599-7362
Eric Bachelder, Ph.D., focuses on the development of biomaterials for the treatment of diseases associated with the immune system, including using liposomes, acid sensitive polymers, and tissue engineering scaffolds.
Education, Certification and Licensure
- B.S. Chemical Engineering: Michigan State University
- Began Ph.D. studies at Virginia Tech and completed doctorate at the University of Nebraska
- Predoctoral fellowship with the National Institutes of Health
- Postdoctoral fellowship at the University of California at Berkley
- Micro-Particle Delivery of a Potent Intracellular Adjuvant for a Universal Flu Vaccine
Honors and Awards
|2004 – 2005||Fellowship Award for Research Excellence (FARE)|
|2001 – 2006||Pre-doctoral Fellow – Intramural Research Training Award (IRTA)|
|1999||Michigan State University College of Engineering Graduation Commencement Speaker|