Carrie Martin Blanchard, PharmD, MPH
Kerr Hall Suite 2400, , CB# 7574, Chapel Hill, NC, 27599
Carrie Martin Blanchard, PharmD, MPH joined the Center for Medication Optimization in May 2018 as a research assistant professor and lead of education and research development. She holds her Masters of Public Health in Health Policy and Management from the UNC Gillings School of Global Public Health and earned her Doctor of Pharmacy from the UNC Eshelman School of Pharmacy. She subsequently completed a two-year Postdoctoral Research Fellowship in Implementation Science at the UNC Eshelman School of Pharmacy in partnership with the National Implementation Research Network. Her research interests focus on how to implement and scale medication optimization services and value-based care models.
Blanchard is the Director of the Health Policy Fellowship as well as the faculty advisor to the UNC Implementation Science Student Group. She is also an active member of numerous professional organizations including the American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy, Academy Health, and the American College of Clinical Pharmacy.
Blanchard’s research interests focus on how to implement and scale medication optimization services and value-based care models. She is passionate about learning how these innovations can impact health outcomes, solve current public health issues, and lead to policy change. This includes studying the use of frameworks to guide implementation and evaluation, the selection of effective implementation strategies, and the measurement of implementation outcomes of interest (i.e., adoption, feasibility, acceptability, fidelity, and sustainability).
Research Service-Comprehensive Medication Management Program
- Postdoctoral Fellowship, Implementation Science, UNC Eshelman School of Pharmacy
- MPH, UNC Gillings School of Global Public Health
- Pharm.D., UNC Eshelman School of Pharmacy
- Post-baccalaureate Intramural Research Training Award, National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Disease
- Bachelors of Arts in Chemistry, Wake Forest University
- Institute for Healthcare Improvement’s Basic Certificate in Quality and Safety
- IASSG Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt Certification
NC Licensed Pharmacist, North Carolina Board of Pharmacy