- July, 2017: PharmCAS and Supplemental Applications open
- December 1, 2017: Deadline for submission of PharmCAS
- January 15, 2018: Deadline for submission of supplemental application
- November 2017–February, 2018: Interviews scheduled and admission decisions made
- April 1, 2018: All admission decisions complete
Steps in the PharmD program admissions process for Fall 2018 Entry
The first step in the application process is to complete and submit an online application to PharmCAS. Your PharmCAS application must be submitted by December 1 for the following fall term. Submit your application as soon as possible to ensure earlier review by the Admission Committee. We encourage you to apply by October 1.
You must submit your PharmCAS application before starting your supplemental application.
The PharmCAS application includes the following:
- PharmCAS application fee
- Biographical data
- Postsecondary institutions attended
- Academic course history
- Work experience
- Extracurricular activities
- A personal statement
- Official transcripts from all accredited U.S. institutions attended
- PCAT score (more information about the PCAT)
- Two letters of recommendation
We recommend that you thoroughly review the PharmCAS preparing to apply information and have unofficial copies of all postsecondary transcripts available before you begin this process.
Once the PharmCAS application is completed and verified, the data will be forwarded to the UNC Eshelman School of Pharmacy.
If you wish to see if your application file is complete and whether PharmCAS has forwarded your file to UNC, you can log in to your PharmCAS application and check the Status menu option.
- After you have completed step 1 (submitting your PharmCAS application), PharmCAS will process and verify your application. When PharmCAS completes the verification and releases your application to the School, you will receive an email within one week with instructions to begin your online supplemental application for the UNC Eshelman School of Pharmacy.
- The supplemental application must be submitted online by January 15, 2018, for entry in the fall of 2018.
- If you submit your PharmCAS application by our December 1 deadline, you will have until January 15 to complete your supplemental application.
- Submit your application as soon as possible to ensure earlier review by the Admission Committee.
You will be able to indicate your campus preference for Chapel Hill or Asheville on the supplemental application. Admission and curriculum requirements are the same for both campuses. Once you have indicated your campus preference on the supplemental application, you cannot change your preference.
Before You Start
Before you begin the online supplemental application, it is important that you carefully read the following UNC Eshelman School of Pharmacy policies:
In the supplemental application, you will be asked to complete the residency questions to determine your instate or out-of-state residency status for tuition purposes. If you are claiming North Carolina residency, you will need to provide dates for domiciliary acts such as voting, registering to vote, serving jury duty, obtaining a North Carolina driver’s license, or filing an individual NC tax return.
The supplemental application fee is $80 and must be paid by a credit card at the time you submit the supplemental application. There is no waiver available.
When You Are Done
Upon submitting your supplemental application, you will receive a payment confirmation email, which will serve as confirmation that your supplemental application was successfully received. You may also log back into your supplemental application account to check the status of your application.
Once you have submitted your PharmCAS application and your supplemental application, the Admissions Committee will review the entire application (PharmCAS and the UNC supplemental application) and invite selected applicants to interview for our program. Interviews will be scheduled November through February. We begin mailing invitations in mid-October. Not all applicants will be invited to interview. Please note that the interview is equally as important in the admission process as other factors considered for admission.
The UNC Eshelman School of Pharmacy utilizes the Multiple Mini Interview (MMI). The MMI is a series of 7 interview stations consisting of timed (eight-minute) interview scenarios. Applicants rotate through the stations, each with its own interviewer and scenario, over the course of an hour. The MMI will not test prior knowledge, but will assess characteristics and attributes which the Admissions Committee feel are important for success as a pharmacist. In addition to the MMI, applicants will be able to take a tour of the School, learn more about the PharmD program, and meet with faculty, current PharmD students, and student affairs personnel.
PharmCAS Application Status: If you wish to see if your application file is complete and whether PharmCAS has forwarded your file to UNC, you can log in to your PharmCAS application and check the Status menu option.
Supplemental Application Status: Upon submission of your supplemental application, you will be able to login into your online application account to check the application status.
If you have a question about our PharmD program and the admissions process, Contact Us.