M.S. Application Process
Licensure and Degree Requirement
Applicants to the master’s program must meet both of the following requirements:
licensed as a pharmacist in the US
hold a doctor of pharmacy (Pharm.D.) or the equivalent
Everything detailed below must be completed prior to the deadline for your application to be considered.
Interested applicants will need to apply to the University of North Carolina Graduate School for their didactic component. The applicant will also need to complete separate applications for each residency program to which they wish to apply – UNCH, DUHS, WFBH, or MH. Applicants need only to apply to their residency programs of interest.
Individual interview times will be scheduled at times convenient for applicants and institutions. Each applicant and program will communicate to identify the ideal time to conduct the interview. Our hope is to have all of the interviews for an applicant in one consecutive period, with the programs providing transportation if needed.
Each program will participate in the match, but each one has a different match number. If you have not done so already, please make sure to register for the National Matching Service offered through ASHP. Currently there are 4 positions available at UNCH, 1 at DUHS, 2 at WFBH, and 1 at MH for a total of 8 per cohort.
Deadline for all materials: Apply no later than January 1
Graduate School Application
- Complete a Graduate School application for admission (see link below)
- Create an online account
- Fill out the application information as follows:
- Level of Study: Graduate
- Type of Applicant: New degree-seeking applicant
- Major: Pharmaceutical Sciences
- Degree: Master of Science
- Area of Interest or Specialization: Practice Advancement and Clinical Education
- Select the term of entry
- Fill out the applicant information
- Fill out educational background
- Upload your unofficial transcripts—undergraduate and graduate
- Upload a statement of purpose
- GREs are waived for applicants with greater than a 3.0 GPA*
- Upload a copy of your CV/resume
- Submit the application and pay the non-refundable $85 application fee
- Provide three letters of recommendation (may be identical to those provided for the residency program application) using the recommendations link on the online application under “Important Links”
- Have your graduate and/or undergraduate school submit to PhorCAS an official academic transcript for each school attended. The graduate school will request official transcripts after acceptance into the program only.
* Please Note: The GRE waiver applies to applicants possessing a Pharm.D. degree with a GPA greater than 3.0. Qualified applicants may submit an online application without entering this standardized test score. Although your application status may show “incomplete,” this status will not be held against you at the time of review and the waiver will be honored if you are offered admission to our M.S. Program.
- UNC Graduate School Information
- UNC Graduate School Application
- University of North Carolina Hospitals
- Duke University Health System
- Wake Forest Baptist Health
- Mission Hospitals
Two-Year Residency Program Application
Once applied to the graduate school, you must also apply to the residencies of your choice separately: