Neurocritical Care Pharmacotherapy Academic Fellowship
This two-year fellowship provides the applicant extensive research experience in the area of neurocritical care pharmacotherapy with a special emphasis on pharmacokinetics/pharmacodynamics and medication optimization. Fellows will gain experience in all areas of translational research, ranging from grant writing to manuscript submission, and are expected to present research findings at scientific meetings. A multidisciplinary team approach including neurointensivists, pharmacists, nurses, and physician assistants is applied to this research program. Research protocols may include industry-sponsored clinical trials and investigator-initiated projects.
Residency experience is strongly preferred. Appointment includes a UNC benefits package and competitive stipend.
- Clinical Investigations: The fellow will become proficient in the conduct of clinical investigations within the neurocritical care population
- Clinical Service: This fellowship is primarily focused on developing proficiency in research, but limited clinical service initially in the neurocritical care unit at UNC Hospitals is available
- Teaching: This fellowship will provide opportunities to develop student-teaching skills in both didactic and small, problem-based group environments
- Course Work: Course work in study design and statistical analysis is required. Other courses are available depending upon the Fellow’s interest
- Scientific Meetings: The fellow will attend at least 2 scientific meetings over the 2 years of the fellowship, such as: Neurocritical Care Society; Society of Critical Care Medicine; American College of Clinical Pharmacy
Application Deadline: February 1, 2016
- Letter of intent
- Curriculum vitae
- Unofficial transcripts
- Three letters of recommendation
Send application materials by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have other questions, please contact:
Denise Rhoney, Pharm.D.
Ron and Nancy McFarlane Distinguished Professor