Leadership, Excellence and Development (LEAD)
LEAD is a dynamic and multifaceted one-day program designed to inspire and develop a diverse generation of leaders primed to serve a global society. LEAD cultivates the leadership abilities of participants by offering them opportunities to explore and network with trailblazers of the profession.
Program participants will benefit from:
- networking with leading clinicians and researchers in the field of pharmacy;
- engaging with current pharmacy students and faculty through discussion panels and activities to learn more about the increasingly critical role of pharmacy in healthcare;
- gaining the competitive edge in preparing for a career in pharmacy and your future.
What can you expect?
Participants will engage in interactive sessions and seminars and meet with faculty and students from the nation’s leading pharmacy school. They will also engage with innovative clinicians and cutting-edge researchers from a variety of pharmacy-practice settings.
The LEAD Program is produced by the Office of Innovative Leadership and Diversity.
2017 LEAD Application
APPLY NOW: Download the application [PDF]
Early Decision Deadline: December 1, 2016
Final Deadline: February 8, 2017
Limited space available – applicants are encouraged to apply by the Early Decision deadline.
Complete the application.
Mail with additional application materials as outlined below.
The application will ask for the following information:
- involvement in school-based organizations and what participation meant to you;
- employment and volunteer experiences and what you learned from them;
- honors, awards and achievements.
You will also be asked to provide a brief personal statement in response to the prompt provided (up to 3500 characters).
Mail the following in one sealed envelope:
- an official sealed transcript from each college or university attended (incoming college freshmen should submit an official high school transcript). Please note an unofficial transcript may be sent with your application for review, but we must receive the official transcript before you participate in the program.
- a letter of recommendation from an instructor, employer, or an individual unrelated to you who can speak to your work ethic and character; and
- a signed Photo and Video Release form (signed by a parent or guardian if you are under the age of 18).
Send all materials to:
2017 LEAD Committee
UNC Eshelman School of Pharmacy
Chapel Hill, NC 27599-7355