The Pre-Pharmacy Club is a student organization at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill that was founded to provide an educational forum dedicated to informing undergraduate members of Carolina about the various career opportunities in the field of pharmacy and to assist these students prepare for pharmacy school. In addition, the UNC-Chapel Hill Pre-Pharmacy Club provides some social benefits for students with similar interests.
The organization aims to
- allow students with a special interest in pharmacy to join a group where they can share their ideas and concerns;
- serve as an information and resource center for students in regard to the preparation, the application, and the interview process for pharmacy school;
- provide opportunities to network with admission representatives, faculty, researchers, and alumni pharmacists who work in a variety of career settings;
- facilitate students’ understanding of the pharmacy profession;
- supply its members with current information about the pharmaceutical sciences;
- provide a medium for guest speakers to engage with those interested in the pharmaceutical sciences;
- provide enrichment opportunities via community involvement with those who have a shared professional interest; and
- provide academic support for its members in regard to the pharmacy school application process.
Visit the club website to learn more or to become a member.