Featured News News Sidebar Featured News, Yanguang Cao
Brittany Jennings
October 22, 2021

Yanguang “Carter” Cao, Ph.D., has been promoted to associate professor with tenure in the UNC Eshelman School of Pharmacy’s Division of Pharmacotherapy and Experimental Therapeutics (DPET), effective Oct. 1.

“I am extremely excited to move toward the next stage of my career. I have to give it to all my students and trainees, who work tirelessly on our projects, and all my mentors and DPET leadership team who have provided me unconditional support the past six years. The promotion is just a start. I will continue to challenge myself as a researcher, a teacher, and a mentor,” Cao said.

Cao joined DPET as an assistant professor in 2015. Prior to joining the School, Cao served as a research assistant professor at SUNY Buffalo for two years after completing a postdoctoral training program at SUNY, Buffalo.

Cao’s research is broadly based on pharmacokinetics/pharmacodynamics and systems pharmacology/biology. He combines molecular imaging and computational modeling tools to study cancer, the immune system, and immunotherapy.

Specifically, he has designed several molecular imaging techniques to track immunotherapeutic antibodies or effector cells in living systems to understand their behaviors, interactions with the target cells, and the mechanism of actions and resistance. His team at the UNC Eshelman School of Pharmacy is currently funded by the National Institute of Health and the Food and Drug Administration.

Cao has been recognized with the 2019 UNC Eshelman School of Pharmacy Academic Excellence Award, the 2017 American Conference on Pharmacometrics Quality Abstract Award, and the 2016 Outstanding Investigator Award by the NIH, among other accolades.

Latest News