Select Peer-Reviewed Publications (15)
- Andrus MR., Roth MT. Health literacy: A Review. Pharmacotherapy 2002;22(3):282-302.
- Sloane PD, Gruber-Baldini AL, Zimmerman S, Roth M, Watson L, Boustani M, Magaziner J, Hebel JR. Medication undertreatment in assisted living settings. Arch Intern Med. 2004;164(18):2031-37.
- Roth, MT, Ivey JL. Self-Reported Medication Use in Community-Residing Elderly: A Pilot Study. Am J Geriatr Pharmacother 2005;3:196-204.
- Hansen RA, Roth MT, Brouwer ES, Herndon AS, Christensen DB. Medication therapy management services in North Carolina community pharmacies: Current practice patterns and projected demand. J Am Pharm Assoc 2006;46:700-706.
- Christensen DB, Roth M, Trygstad T, Byrd J. Evaluation of a pilot medication therapy management project within the North Carolina State Health Plan. J Am Pharm Assoc. 2007; Jul-Aug;47(4):471-483.
- Roth MT, Moore CG, Ivey JL, Esserman DA, Campbell WH, Weinberger M. The quality of medication use in older adults: Methods of a longitudinal study. Am J Geriatr Pharmacother. 2008;6:220-233.
- Sloane P, Ivey J, Roth M, Roederer M, Williams CS. Accounting for the sedative and analgesic effects of medication changes during patient participation in clinical research studies: measurement development and application to a sample of institutionalized geriatric patients. Contemp Clin Trials. 2008; Mar;29(2):140-148.
- Esserman DA, Moore CG, Roth MT. Analysis of binary adherence data in the setting of polypharmacy: A comparison of different approaches. Statistics in Biopharmaceutical Research 2009, 1(2): 201-212.
- Roth MT, Weinberger M, Campbell WH. Measuring the quality of medication use in older adults. J Am Geriatr Soc 2009;57:1096-1102.
- Roth MT, Watson LC, Esserman DA, Ivey JL, Hansen R, Lewis CL, Weinberger M. Methodology of a pilot study to improve the quality of medication use in older adults: Enhancing quality in psychiatry using pharmacists (EQUIPP). Am J Geriatr Pharmacother 2009;7:362-372.
- Roth MT, Esserman DA, Ivey JL, Weinberger M. Racial disparities in the quality of medication use in older adults: baseline findings from a longitudinal study. J Gen Intern Med. 2010 Mar;25(3):228-34.
- Blalock SJ, Casteel C, Roth MT, Ferreri S, Demby KB, and Shankar V. Impact of enhanced pharmacologic care on the prevention of falls: A randomized controlled trial. Am J Geriatr Pharmacother 2010;8(5):428-440.
- Geonnotti KL, Upchurch G, Roth MT, Weinberger M.It pays to compare: assisting Medicare Part D beneficiaries with enrollment yields out-of-pocket cost savings. J Am Geriatr Soc. 2011 May;59(5):953-5.
- Roth MT, Esserman DA, Ivey JL, Weinberger M. Racial disparities in quality of medication use in older adults: findings from a longitudinal study. Am J Geriatr Pharmacother. 2011 Aug;9(4):250-8. Epub 2011 Jun 12.
- Crisp G, Ivey JL, Esserman D, Weinberger M, Roth MT. Development and testing of a tool for assessing and resolving medication-related problems in older adults in an ambulatory care setting: the individualized medication assessment and planning (iMAP) tool. Am J Geriatr Pharmacother 2011 (Accepted October 4, 2011)