The Division of Pharmacotherapy and Experimental Therapeutics offers several two-year, industry-sponsored postdoctoral fellowships, including opportunities in clinical research and drug development (GSK, PPD, United Therapeutics, Quintiles), as well as fellowship programs in pharmacokinetics/pharmacodynamics (GSK, Quintiles). Academic fellowships in HIV, oncology, and heart failure are also available.
Fellows in industry-sponsored programs spend their first year at UNC working with leading research faculty and the second year working with research scientists at the sponsor’s facilities. Academic fellows spend their entire programs at UNC, focusing on clinical, preclinical and in vitro research projects. Fellowships include training in protocol and grant writing, scientific writing and publications, and presentation skills. Fellows will take coursework as appropriate in study design, biostatistics, pharmacokinetics, pharmacogenomics, etc.
More information about each fellowship
- Clinical Research and Drug Development Fellowships
- Heart Failure Pharmacotherapy Fellowship
- HIV Pharmacology Fellowship
- Oncology Fellowship
- Pharmacokinetic/Pharmacodynamic Fellowships
- UCB Fellowship in Neurology and Clinical Drug Development
- UNC-Duke Collaborative Clinical Pharmacology T32 Postdoctoral Training Program