UNC Graduate School Admission Requirements
- Graduate School application
- A nonrefundable $85 application fee
- Three current letters of recommendation: When filling out the Graduate School application, applicants will be asked to submit the e-mail addresses of the recommenders, who will then receive an e-mail with information for logging into the system to submit their letters.
- GRE test scores that are current (no more than 5 years old)
- Statement of purpose (see below)
Note: The Graduate School relies solely on e-mail to communicate with applicants. Consequently, a current email address is required.
Statement of Purpose
To assist in the evaluation of your application, please provide a concise personal statement including the following information.
- Why do you wish to pursue graduate study in pharmaceutical sciences?
- Why do you wish to engage in graduate study in this institution?
- What do you offer that will enrich our graduate program? Please include factors such as:
- Work, teaching, or other life experiences
- Meaningful events that have influenced your life and career choices
- Communication abilities
- Problem-solving skills
- Are you a leader, follower, or team player?
- History of overcoming challenges or disadvantages
- Cultural diversity (this may include ethnic background, race, and other attributes that define your cultural background)
- If possible, please identify the specific research areas in which you plan to focus your graduate studies. Is there a particular faculty member with whom you would like to work?