Welcome from the Student Senate
On behalf of UNC Eshelman School of Pharmacy Student Senate, the officers would like to welcome you to a new year!
The purpose of the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill Eshelman School of Pharmacy Student Senate is to represent all doctor of pharmacy students by acting as the student governing body, enforcing the rules established in the Senate Constitution, and receiving, discussing, and disseminating information and opinions of the student body to the appropriate persons. Senate ensures that every student is represented so that no voice is left unheard; thus, establishing an environment where every student is able to learn, grow, and develop as competent professionals. To complement this mission, Student Senate has established goals which are focused on improving the students’ quality of lives in addition to improving the continued excellence and status of the School of Pharmacy. These goals are as follows:
- Establish the UNC Eshelman School of Pharmacy as the number one pharmacy school in the nation by increasing academic performance and visibility at the national level
- Increase student awareness about our profession through the encouragement of attendance at professional meetings, involvement in professional organizations, participation in clinical discussions, and volunteerism
- Increase personal and professional interaction among students in the PY1, 2, and 3 classes
- Increase communication between students and faculty
- Promote interactions and unity between campuses at Chapel Hill, ECSU, and Asheville