A Generic Page
A Generic Page
In addition to all the specific item types we’ve included in the Add New dropdown menu, there is also the option to add a generic page that can hold any content (text or images) you want. This gives you the flexibility to add freeform content to your profile, but there are two drawbacks:
- The page you add will not have the gray banner across the top like other pages in your profile.
- The page you add also will not have the left navigation links to other pages in your profile.
These are programming limitations that currently cannot be addressed.
To add a generic page
- While you’re logged in, go to your profile page. Click the Add New button and select “Page” from the dropdown menu.
- Fill in the Title field and then put the content of the page into the Body Text box. You can use the editing buttons in the toolbar at the top of the text area to format your text, much like in Word.
- Click Save at the bottom of the page when you are done.
- Last but not least, after the information is saved, click the State button and pick Publish. Until you do this, the information is not visible to the public.
To update an existing Page, from your profile page, click the Content button. This brings up a list view of all the items under your profile.
Click on the item you wish to update. Then click on the Edit button. Make your changes and then click Save at the bottom of the page.